A special project has been announced on Qutub Minar by the Delhi government, so as to boost the tourism in Delhi. This has made necessary for everyone to understand varied facts about this historical monument that would attract huge crowd of tourists in future.
So, here are some of the major facts related to this ancient monument:
- Almost 10 crore INR has been allocated for the development of tourism
- The construction of a skywalk between Qutub Minar and the metro station is expected to commence, for attracting tourists.
- It is regarded as the tallest brick monument worldwide.
- It is included in the list of UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
- Qutub Minar complex consists of different ancient structures.
Must read: दिल थाम कर पढ़े ताजमहल की कुछ अनसुनी अनकही बातें
- Other monuments or structures are: Alai Minar, Tomb of Imam Zamin, Alai Darwaza, Quwwat-ul-Islam Masjid, Iron Pillar, Ala-ud-din Madrasa and Tomb of Iltutmish
- This monument as constructed by Qutb-ud-din Aibak as the remark of his victory over the last Hindu kingdom of Delhi. The main brick tower was constructed by him.
- In 1368, the fifth and last storey of Qutub Minar as built by Firoz Shah Tughlak.
This certainly defines why Qutub Minar has been chosen for the latest tourism project initiated by the Delhi government.