Theatrical launch of the Digimon Adventure tri. – Chapter 1: Reunion will soon take place in US in English version. Not just this, the screening of one-night Fathom Events is also expected to take place on September 15, in more than 300 US theaters.
Further, it will be followed by a national launch of the movie in varied cities.
This project is said to celebrate the 15th anniversary of Digimon Adventure, which was the very first entry in this series. Further, this Digimon Adventure tri. Project is reported to contain six films.
Digimon Adventure tri. Saikai (Reunion), the first film was released in Japanese theaters last November. The streaming the film by Crunchyroll began on the same day as 4 episodes.
Digimon Adventure tri. Ketsui (Determination), the second film, released in Japanese theaters on March 12. The streaming for this film began on March 11, as four episodes.
Digimon Adventure tri. Kokuhaku, the third film, will open for three weeks in Japan on 24th of September. Further, as far as paid streaming is concerned, it will be available in Japan on the same day.
Reports say that the general release on DVD and Blu-ray Disc will be held on November 2.
Update: Eleven Arts and Toei animation, the company that announced about the movie release updated their press release to inform that the screening of Fathom Events will be conducted on September 15. According to reports, the theatrical release was slated for October, but no window was given for the same in the new press release.
Finally Ukraine has ended the conflict over its entry into the Oscar race that started nearly two year back from now. This implies that the dispute over foreign-language Oscar selection process has come to an end.
This conflict is said to begin back in 2014. At that time, the procedure of selection provoked accusations over the choice of Ukraine’s foreign-language Oscar candidate (The Guide).
But, now the reports suggest that the state cinema agency, national filmmakers’ union and producers’ association have signed a memorandum. This memo states their cooperation within the country’s nomination committee.
It was due to this conflict that the state missed the submission deadline for the Academy Awards in 2016.
In line with the new rules, an announcement will be made shortly for Ukrainian Oscar committee secretary. Reports say that an open contest would be organized for the position.
There are 16 people included in the new Oscar committee and it has been approved by all parties involved.
Last year, the national filmmakers’ union introduced a new makeup of the committee. But, some individual producers and the Ukrainian producers’ association felt sidelined and thus, accused the new committee of insufficient transparency and inactivity.
Observers expect that now when all the differences are resolved, Ukraine must not have any problems submitting a film for 2017 Academy Awards.