The commercial launch of Bharti Airtel’s 4G services got announced for 296 towns at starting price of INR 25, on Thursday. The telecom service provider said that the 4G communications would be spread across India.
The managing director of the company (Airtel) said that they have built a great network for 4G that will turn high speed mobile broadband into reality.
He further adds that this step is another effort to become the most customer focused and innovative brand. April 2012 witnessed the first ever step in the 4G journey held in Kolkata that was afterwards, followed in 51 cities, by successive beta offerings.
The roll out for the 4G services would take place in the upcoming few weeks.
Information about Company’s Offerings
1. Customers in the 296 towns would experience uninterrupted HD video streaming, high speed wireless broadband, superfast uploading as well as downloading for music, movies and images.
2. 4G data packs would start at Rs 25, according to the company. With every 4G SIM swap, users would be offered 5 movies for free per month for 6 months. These movies will be available on the Eros Now channel of Wynk Movies. Additionally, 6 months of unlimited downloads and music streaming on Wynk Music will also be offered.
3. Starting at Rs 999, are the ‘Infinity Plans’ introduced by the company. These plans showcase various offers for data benefits, unlimited voice calls on mobile and access to Wynk Music and Wynk Movies.
4. Customers will have to switch to a 4G SIM for getting Airtel 4G.
5. The capital expenditure of the company for 2015-16 is approximately $2.2 billion. The company, however, did not announce the details on the expenditure to be made on 4G services.