- April 6, 2016
- Posted by: Tridindia
- Category: Latest News
It’s time to welcome Kate and William to India and Bhutan this April. This royal couple is expected to visit India and Bhutan from April 10 to April 16. While Prince George and Princess Charlotte will stay back at home, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will visit to some iconic locations in India and Bhutan.
This is for sure that the couple would explore different sides of both the countries.
Staying in the Taj Palace Hotel (Mumbai), visiting the slums in Mumbai, exploring the six hour trek in Bhutan and much more; this couple has a lot to explore as per their stipulated schedule.
According to reports, the entire schedule of the visit is as given below:
1. 10th April, India
- The couple would arrive at the famous Taj Palace Hotel in Mumbai and meet the hotel staff that was brave enough to protect the guests’ life during 2008 terror attack.
- Watch a cricket match in the Oval Maidan Public Park.
- Meet children living in slums.
- Visit Malabar Hill to explore the Banganga Water Tank. They would also meet the slum people living nearby.
- Meet the Bollywood stars in a fundraiser.
2. 11 April, India
- Attend an event in Mumbai where they would meet the aspirant youth entrepreneurs.
- Visit New Delhi, where the couple would visit India Gate war memorial to lay a wreath.
- Visit Gandhi Smriti.
- Visit the British High Commissioner residence where a birthday party for The Queen would be organized.
3. 12 April, India
- While the couple would be in New Delhi, two engagements are expected to be declared.
- Visit Kaziranga and enjoy the campfire with some delightful music and dance performances.
4. 13 April
- Visit the Kaziranga National Park.
- Visit the Centre for Wildlife Conservation and Rehabilitation.
- Visit the Kaziranga Discovery Centre.
5. 14th April, Bhutan
- A warm ceremonial welcome in Bhutan.
- Visit Thimpu Dzong (Buddhist monastery) to enjoy the welcome procession.
- Visit open-air archery venue in Thimpu.
Keep reading: Super-Fast Gatimaan Express to Cover Delhi-Agra Distance in 100 Min
6. 15 April, Bhutan
- Enjoy the six hours trek to Paro Taktsang.
- Attend a reception.
7. 16 April, India
- Visit the popular monument Taj Mahal in Agra, India.
This visit will surely be an exciting one, for the royal couple and also for India and Bhutan. They will be back in the UK, quiet before the 90th birthday of The Queen, which is on April 21.