When you are asking for a translation service, you have only one thing is common. You have this belief that you need to pay per word. Each word will have a specific costing, which is subject to change from one company to another. So, depending on the number of words you plan to translate, the prices are going to change. Well, this is just one side of the coin and there are more points to be added in the list.
Unfortunately, what people don’t know is that the prices are not just going to differ on word count basis, but it will also differ on the language you are choosing to translate it. Some languages are costlier than others. So, translating your documents into the costlier language will force you to pay more than what you might have to for other cases. So, while trying to work on the costing, do not just limit your ideas to words, but also check on the language type.
Language Experience Quite Matters A Lot
Your high experience in language matters a lot when you are entering new markets. Let’s take an example for better understanding. Remember that Denmark and Germany might be sharing the same border, but that does not mean their languages are same. They are known to have different language.
• For the supply and demand of the German translation, you are asked to pay less for German translations. It is mainly because there are so many translators currently specializing in the German translations other than Danish.
• It means the current language supplier might help you to find a competitive rate in some of the most popular languages. But you can’t just say that for the minor group of languages too.
• Some of the other points, which might otherwise affect pricing, have to be the time taken for the content to get translated properly, subject area to consider and even the language pairs.
• To top it all, you will have language supplier, who is also going to consider the word counts into consideration along with some special layout requests for DTP and InDesign works. They are further going to check on the review option while trying to work on quotes for your project requirements over here.
Agency Working In Multiple Markets
There is a significant tip, which the potential clients need to follow while trying to get hands on a preferred agency. Do you think your chosen agency is capable of specializing in various target languages you are currently planning to market in?
• Depending on the business deal you are associated with, you might have to switch business between one and other countries. Your online translation agencies should have proficiency in all these countries to get your translated work going.
• Try to go for the company with vast language knowledge and even covering multiple languages. If you fail to do so, there are high chances that you might have to pay more to get another supplier to work on latest translation work. This is no doubt quite messy and full of hassle.
To prevent this practice on the first place and to avoid managing two translation suppliers or even more at the same time, try getting a multi-talented translator on the first place.
Discounts For Reducing Cost Over Time
Quotes are often put together with utmost care. However, the pricing which you pay at beginning of project can easily be reduced as you might have to move forward with your work. It is solely possible if you are associated with larger form of translation agencies.
• Some companies are able to offer you with discounts on larger working volume jobs as pushed through API. Or they might be working on translation memory, designed to store and even display some of the repeated content for next translation time.
• This works better in making translation services faster than before. All the existing translated words will pop up in new content to cover translation faster. This will prevent you from repeating any content.
Always head for the professional team, which is ready to serve you best with translation job. They are able to increase the current market reach and will also help you to produce market in a much faster rate.
Never miss a story..!!
Grab the Latest Translation and language News, Tips, Updates & Trends..!!
See Our Blogcenter