- August 29, 2018
- Posted by: Daksh Kohli
- Category: Transcription Blog, Translation Blog
Before you plan to Find the Right Transcription Service Providers or companies, you should know what transcription service actually is. In general sense, transcription service is a business designed to convert speech into electronic text documents or in written formats. These services are mostly designed for legal, business or medical purposes. The common form of transcription is from spoken language source into text, like computer file suitable printing documents like a report. Right before 1970, transcription was no doubt a difficult job. It was duties of secretaries to write down speeches as they heard it using short hands. They also have to available in the location where their services were required.
Thanks to modern technology, the field of transcription has turned out to be a lot easier than before. You have MP3 based Dictaphone, which is used for recording sounds. The recordings can be available in so many media files. You can further upload the recording to PC, cloud storage or email it within minutes to anyone around the world.
Benefits of Outsourcing Transcription Services:
You can try working on transcription on your own but things may not always go out as planned as you need Professional transcription services. Therefore, it is always vital to outsource such services as you want the best practices around here. There are so many benefits or advantages revolving around outsourcing transcription services. It helps in making your business more effective and productive at the same time.
• Get time to grow business:
Working on in-house transcription service is time consuming and most employees have skills suitable for other jobs better. By outsourcing transcription services, you don’t have to bother towards this service and let the experts work on that for you.so, you have enough free time to focus on your job and expand your business well. You will further end up with Quality in transcription.
• Saving effort, time and resources:
Whenever you are hiring any transcription service, you should not have to pay much under fixed salaries and benefits to employees. You can further get the opportunity to save on furniture, office spaces, electricity, computer and training. Moreover, keeping around two or more dedicated transcriptionists to work on volume is an expensive option. Their services will be underused when the volume decreases.
• Get access to reputed staff:
The transcription companies are well-aware of the Transcription types and would readily help you big time on that. The agencies only hire experts to transcript audio or text. They can further match the knowledge of transcriptionist to the subject for receiving quality results within short time. Going for the less experienced in-house help can easily result in delivery delays and inaccuracies. So, transcription job is always better to outsource.
• HR has his burdened reduced:
Outsourcing is always easier as HR department then has to spend less time in training and supervising employees after hiring them. Moreover, they don’t have to think about hiring staff when the transcriptionist will leave. So, they have enough time to focus on other mandatory tasks.
• Customer help and support:
The time has come to avoid hassle and stress of dealing with some in-house transcription practices. A service provider is the one to help you answer all your questions in proper manner and solve issues that might come up while working on accurate and quality transcript.
Factors to Keep In Mind Before Hiring Transcription Companies:
So, you have thought of outsourcing transcription services from those sources offering help with Editing services as well. It is a great path to choose. But, there are some selected factors you need to keep in mind while hiring a transcription company for help.
1) Do Some Research:
Whether you need transcription service regularly or for a particular project, it is vital to check out the Traits of a good transcription company first. Professional transcription help is what you need for saving multiple headaches and time. It is only possible once you get hands on right partner and can count on him for accurate and premium quality work. But, if you ever rush into contract because of time shortage, you may not get the chance to judge potential vendors. Wrong choice can force you to waste not just your money but even precious time.
2) Analyze Your Needs:
Video and audio transcription services can provide variables to increase cost and complexity of project. You need to understand your requirements first and the time when you need help. It helps you to procure proper cost estimation as each service is critically judged. The type of transcription service, turnaround time, add-on services and specified industry are some of the features adding to cost and project timeline. In case you are right in middle of project crises and want the job within next day, such rush can cause some issues.
3) Filter And Shortlist Renowned Vendors:
If you ever search for transcription services, you will come across 12 million results if not more. Now, the question is How to order transcription online. For that, selecting the right vendor at first is important. If you are in a rush to start with the project, you may stick to first page of Google search engines and select the company offering lowest price. But, this step might place project in jeopardy. Vendor can promise anything on website. But, what separates professional experts from basics is the evidence of their promises made.
• Client list: Satisfied clients will always have their names on the transcription company’s main page. So, do not forget to check the client list for an idea on the name of people they have been associated with.
• Name recognition: Do you know anything about the firm? Have you heard about it before? For industrial based transcription job, a firm with good reputation is the one to choose.
• Work samples: The reliable companies will have downloadable samples at their websites. Go through those samples to get a glimpse of their services. Moreover, if you can’t find any, ask for their sample of works first before letting them handle your project.
• Testimonials: Some details from previous clients can work really well in your favor, once you try finding the best transcription firm for help.
• Transparent working procedure: A single upload page with promises of sending transcribed file on time is a red sign. The more information you can get from the company, the better. It proves that the transcriptionists will share all their working procedures with you and they have nothing to hide. They are willing to share information about their projects, their ways of work and more. It is better to check out for some specifics before selecting the firm for your help.
• Industrial awards: Some awards to mark excellence and quality services will demonstrate a clear commitment of the firms to deliver work of premium caliber.
Find the Best Transcription Vendor:
If you ever go through the online search, you will be bombarded with so many vendors, claiming to offer the best transcription service. Finding the right name becomes difficult day after day with new names popping up as always. Well, not anymore when you have TridIndia by your side. With a pool of talented individuals, you can always expect top-notch quality transcription help from this source.
Never miss a story..!!
Grab the Latest Translation and language News, Tips, Updates & Trends..!!
See Our Blogcenter