The field of medical interpreting is empowering women to move out of poverty by training them about the concepts of this field. A charity named Massachusetts aids women in this regard by educating them about interpretation. The trainees generally include bilingual women that are usually immigrants or their children. The training totally aims to use the present linguistic skills for the purpose of medical interpretation.
Why Only Medical Interpretation?
The question lies why the field of medical interpretation is the excellent career choice for the poor bilingual interpreters to grow. Here we will elaborate major three reasons behind this career choice-
● The demand of medical interpreters is high. The demand will be likely to grow upto 46% in the coming 10 years.
● The job is well paid and higher career prospects are seen within this range.
● Thousands of lives can be saved. It is a golden chance for the women.
● Women can raise themselves by contributing for a good cause.
The role and responsibility of a medical interpretation can be seen in hospitals, doctor’s offices. The interpreter helps the doctor to understand the patient’s illness, symptoms and case history. There are instances where there is no availability of any expert; the entire responsibility comes to the family member who is good at English. If the children are good at English they have to take the entire responsibility of doing conversation with the doctors.
The real problem is children do not own those skills of translation especially in health care department. They may be good in both the native and the source language but that is not enough.
As Matilde Roman, the senior director of medical interpretations says the job of interpretation is an acquired set of skills. One has to reach the level of competition as well as perfection in the desired target language. The medical terminologies also lie under the competition level.
How the Process Works-
Following are the quality skills required in a translation professional. The translation done should be effective and accurate in nature. It should include
● The skills of interpreter and the professional ethics.
● Best knowledge of the medical terms.
● The Physiology and Anatomy taught by clinicians.
● The proficient knowledge and experience from medical interpreters.
As soon as the sixty hours training course is complete. The affiliated organization helps in the desired placement. It also includes mentoring along with training of the job skills; the childcare and transportation also become essential.
Medical Interpretation- The Required Balance-
This training process is a balanced one. It does not only help the beginner medical translators but it is also highly beneficial for the communities. Lack of experience or wrong knowledge can restrict the access to higher level and can even lead to fatal mistakes. United States carries a perennial shortage of medical professionals. There is extreme shortage of professionals where immigrant residents are higher in number.
Finding A Winning Solution-
– The field of medical interpretation is highly challenging. So to overcome the situation a winning solution is required. So that women and their family members get out of this poor condition. This is even an efficient way to bridge the communication, cultural and linguistic gap.
– The poorest communities that are rich in language skills and are desperate to serve in this field can avail themselves with best career prospects.
-In a report published by Guardian the British council highlighted the need of language professionals, schools, educators and parents to utilize the language skills. It is said that failing to do the same will result in complete wastage of resources.
– Guardian report also denotes that many of the youths that are into the interpretation lack the opportunity to prove their language capabilities with exams and qualification. About 40% of the youths do not see profits in their home language.
To know more about our services call us at +91-8527599223 or mail us at [email protected]
Never miss a story..!!
Grab the Latest Translation and language News, Tips, Updates & Trends..!!
[email-subscribers namefield=”NO” group=”Public”]
See Our Blogcenter