Often people get confused between translation and localization. They believe both of these tasks to be exactly the same, as they help in eliminating the language barrier across the world. Although, this belief is correct to some extent, it is not completely true.
Translation and localization do facilitate effective communication among people from different linguistic backgrounds. But, they are not the same. Professional localization companies know how to make your content global through the right type of strategy.
Adapting any content, product, or services as per the language and culture preferences of a specific locale, is termed localization, whereas, translation is just the conversion of words from one language to another. Also, translation is an important part of the localization process.
Hence, if you simply get your content translated, you won’t be able to connect with the target audience. Localization is a must if you are targeting global customers.
In this blog, we will learn how localization is better than translation.
How Localized Content Is more Beneficial?
Broadly speaking, apart from translation, localization consists of several things, such as: addressing all the legal requirements and local regulations (such as units of measure and currencies)
✓ Adapting user interface, design, layout graphics as per target market
✓ Using local formats for addresses, dates, and phone numbers
✓ Analyzing consumption habits of target customers and modifying content, accordingly
This implies that even after translation, your content has much to go through, in order to be market-ready. So, never ever launch your product globally, with translated content; Dazzle the international market with a localized one.
Other reasons why localization is better are mentioned as under
1. Boost Sales & Revenue Graph
If your audience is huge then your revenue will also be huge and if you localize your product you will probably see an increase in it. By localizing your product you can make sure that you get the most out of your translation and expand your customer base. This way you can increase your revenues and sales which will surely impress all the stakeholders in your company.
To know it properly, you need to understand what is localization.
2. Provides You With Better Return On Investment
Localization is a process to adapt the content to make it appropriate for the target local culture. Without a correct localization plan, your efforts would straightly go into vain. Your content could turn out to be something hilarious or offensive that would be enough to damage your reputation. The unwanted effectiveness of a localization can cause serious damage to your business.
Localization helps you avoid those damages and make the user experience engaging for a better return on investment. It gives you the correct way to show your customers that you respect their language and culture.
3. Helps You Enter New Market Without Any Hurdle
There are numerous barriers that can come your way when promoting your products or services in a new market. Problems like logistical hurdles, legal issues, communication gaps, and cultural nuances can bring you a lot of challenges.
And here you will observe the crucial importance of localization. With localization, you can remove all the speed bumps which will initially help you fill the language gaps when communicating with the marketers or consumers from a new region.
An effective localization strategy can help your company enter a new market with much more confidence by avoiding every embarrassing blunder.
✓ Helps You In Becoming a Global Hit
By localizing your products and services to a new international market, you will increase your brand awareness. It will make it easier to step into a new market and get global recognition. Once your customer base gets increased, you easily get to reach potential customers who will increase your sales.
What your customers think about you or how well you build a connection with them, matters a lot. And you simply can’t keep everything positive without properly localizing your products or services. It’s needed for a global hit.
In simple words, manual localization is all that you need. It will not just break all the language and culture barriers, but also help you establish a strong connection with your target customers. If you are a smart modern entrepreneur, you won’t simply rely on translation; you would invest in quality localization. Remember that it is a catalyst that fosters and paves way for golden opportunities in the worldwide market.
Hence, localization is not something, which should be ignored, or else, you’ll be ignored by the audience.
The Procedure Involved in Localization
The long and bumpy Localization Process can sometimes be a hurdle, rather than a boon for business owners. The simple fact that justifies it is that the biz world is too competitive today, and even the slightest mistake can push you into a sea of losses. All you need is a streamlined quick procedure that covers all the essential steps with quality factors at each step.
This will ensure that you receive a quality-oriented localized output within a very tiny time duration. Henceforth, our team follows a simplistic, yet qualitative procedure that commits you to faster and accurate results.
A professional team will follow a well-organized workflow to ensure higher levels of accuracy. So, if you want to know how they work and provide you with superb quality content localization, scroll down
1. Project Goals: Just like any other process, first of all, they set up the goals for our project, which involves meeting the clients and discussing their exact needs and requirements. Every business or brand has peculiar needs, which are essential to cater to while localizing the content. Hence, the team pays clear attention to what the client actually wants and expects from the localized output.
2. Resource Evaluation: In the second step, professionals evaluate the resources (including tools and efforts) available or required for adapting the content as per the language and cultural specifications of the target audience. Further, all of the team members sit together and plan estimates regarding schedule and efforts, coupled with dependency analysis.
3. Assessment of Important Aspects: Next, all the important aspects, viz. technical, cultural, and linguistic factors are assessed and analyzed. Further, it should be noted that the project is assigned to a team that is well-versed in the language spoken by the target customers and understands the culture, as well. Most of the localization experts are generally native speakers of the target language and can manage popular challenges of localisation.
4. Architecture of Software: This is one of the most critical steps in the entire process, as it involves investigating the software architecture (high-level structures of any specific software). Once the software architecture has been checked thoroughly, the code is localized in line with the specifications of the target masses.
5. Text Extraction: As the name suggests, this phase involves extracting text (everything that can be translated) from the source content or files, and then passed on to the other step. But, this step often gets messier, if the source content is grammatically incorrect or is not concise. Hence, it is the responsibility of the client to ensure the quality of source files, as otherwise, no one but you, would be accountable for any discrepancy in the quality of localized output.
6. Translation: At this step, a professional company will start preparing for the translation and estimates regarding the final workload. They analyze the source materials and assign the project to native translators, who are well-versed with both the source and target language. Since, the translation is executed by native experts, the chances of occurring most common localization companies mistakes decrease.
7. Adaptation of Graphics and UI: Now, comes the phase, when different elements of the content start to localize. Thus, the graphics and user interface are adapted as per the target language and culture. Apart from this, the team also localizes any media containing symbols, visible text, and other allied localizable materials.
8. Testing and QA: After the localization part, it’s now time for testing and quality assurance. A professional team compiles all the localized files and tests them to assure their quality and flawlessness. After this, it gets passed on to the QA team, which initiates a double quality check. As a result, the output turns out to be fluent and consistent. Functional testing is also carried, before delivering the project at the client’s end.
9. Project Delivery: This is the last step in the process. By this time, every type of testing and verification has been done, which makes the localized output, ‘market-ready’. Henceforth, it gets delivered to the client within the proposed time frame.
Why Outsource to Us?
If you search for localization companies in India, you may get endless options that your head would start spinning. Hence, you might end up choosing the wrong service provider for your localization project. If this happens, not only you’ll fail badly in the international market, but also, incur huge costs and losses. That is why we are here at your service, to ensure that you make the right choice. With more than 15 years of experience in this field, we can assure you that you will get access to perfectly localized content within the right budget and time. We offer
✓ 15+ years of localization experience
✓ Discounted rates on all types of localization
✓ Streamlined work procedure
✓ Fastest delivery or quick turnaround time
✓ Superlative quality assurance
✓ Expertise in all Indian and foreign languages (with respective dialects)
✓ Highly professional and experienced team
So, what are you waiting for? The international market may be lucrative, but, it is very competitive as well. If you think that you can easily enter the market and get famous, you are mistaken. Amongst cutting-edge marketing strategies, you should have access to faultless language localization that can boost the probability of your success in the worldwide market.
Never miss a story..!!
Grab the Latest Translation and language News, Tips, Updates & Trends..!!
[email-subscribers namefield=”NO” group=”Public”]
See Our Knowledge Center